Monday, January 2, 2012

Launching a New Food Review for Northern Virginia

I've been wanting to do this for a long time and so I am finally taking the plunge into critiquing food experiences and sharing recipes.  I don't go to too many fancy restaurants so much of this will focus on everyday lunch and dinner spots and fare.   I do have a fairly unrestricted palette and am fortunate to live in an area with rich and diverse culinary offerings. A very little about me but not too much - as a roaming food critic I need some anonymity.  I was a chef in college many, many moons ago and have a creative streak and long history in the kitchen.  Brought up on Fannie Farmer and a treasured Hungarian cookbook, I experimented under the watchful eye of my dad, who taught me the chemistry of cooking.  Who knew, eh?

The Fly on the Soupbowl  rating scales:  1 to 5 flies for food; 1 to 5 butterflies for service

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. After it has been reviewed for suitability it will be published.

Do not spam this blog. Inappropriate, offensive or obscene material will be referred to the authorities for investigation and prosecution as applicable.